Monday, May 23, 2011

Y.R.U. Gay?

Dwight is so gay.
Is this an incorrect statement?
Is it hateful to say it?
Apparently so.
http://www.thinkb4youspeak.com/

Hermaphrodites, Chimerism, Biblical Eunuchs,... .
Some people may be born gay while others may be made to become so.
Why a person is gay is of no concern to me.
That they are gay isn't either.
Who a person prefers is his own business, what he/she chooses to do with that person is also his/her business.
If I see two males or two females kissing each other in public - so what.

My only issue is that I am being told that it is wrong to say that something or someone is 'gay'.
If I said that Brokeback Mountain, The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, The Birdcage and Rent were my favorite 'gay' movies - is this wrong?
What if I said that these movies were, 'so gay'?

Okay, okay...
I can understand that calling someone a 'Dyke' or a 'Fag' is a pejorative term - but is 'gay' also a negative?
I thought we were told by the Gay Rights Police that "Gay" was the correct and accepted terminology.

I thought that "Gay" was OK.

6 comments:

CareyCarey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CareyCarey said...

I don't know much about the "gay" term, but I am going to tell you right now, when I see two dudes kissing, I wonder WTF is on their minds.

See, I am tired of having to be forced to join the crowd of those who have chosen to view gays as some kind of race. It's 2 dudes bumping nuts and poking each other in their ass. Okay, plan and simple, something ain't right about that shit.

If 2 motherfuckin' dudes had 10 toes up and ten toes down, 2 naked hairy booties going round n round, skin touching skin going in and out.... that's fu*kin' and that's GAY, so kick me out.

Ain't that a bitch! They can miss me with that correct terminology bullshit.

DF said...

It's the hidden implication of using the term Gay that pisses people off. So say it in the right context.

I have to agree with Carey as I don't agree with gay relations at all. Now I'm not going march against them but I sure as hell ain't going to say it's normal. The best I can do is let people live their life while I disagree with their lifestyle.

Anonymous said...

Well people can't help the way they are born,their sexual orientation. Some of the nicest and most compassionate people I know are gay. Most gay persons are very empathetic and caring.

The lifestyles of gays are exactly the same as the lifestyles of straights. They are doctors, teachers, lawyers, et al. So I love my gays.

I don't think the word gay is pejorative except As DF said, if used in the wrong context.

Reggie said...

What about The Crying Game and Torch Song Trilogy.....those were excellent "gay movies".

Man you can't forget about those two.

The way I see it, anyone that can wear feathers in their hair and blue eye shadow while wearing leather pants shouldn't be offended by anything.

Reggie said...

I'm still laughing at Carey Carey's post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!