Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fat Hatred

I don't hate fat people, it's not my issue.
But many fat people complain that they are always portrayed in a negative light.
Hollywood often uses ones girth as a character flaw.
The Penguin in the newer Batman movies if a fat dude.
 Jabba The Hut is another fat villain.
 And Pearl (from Blade) is just grotesque.
 But being fat, jolly and generous are also memes used by the media to sell positive ideas.
 In some religions the fattest dude is the most enlightened of all.
Even modern culture celebrates an overweight celebrity as being something good.
As with everything, being overweight is not all there is to a person.
Being overweight and good is a'ight while being overweight and bitter is something to be avoided.

1 comment:

Reggie said...

Excellent post John!!!

A few months ago I posted a blog entry about a couple of morbidly obese women that I watched eat....and it turned my stomach. Someone who had visited my blog many times (and I'd visited hers as well) got offended by the post. She implied that I hated fat people.........I think you may have placed a comment on that entry as well.

I don't know, maybe she's right; but I'm not ashamed to say that it sickens me to watch someone eat themselves into oblivion. Gluttony is a sin and a crying shame, without question.