Friday, May 20, 2011

Not DeeVee

 But there are better choices.
I was at the house of a woman who does shift-work at one of the many local refineries.
As she packed her lunch filled with pre-packaged processed foods, I asked if I could make her a salad instead.
Shift workers have an increased rate of obesity and heart problems.
Their irregular sleeping habits inhibit their ability to heal.
Constipation is a common side effect of this lifestyle.

I received a call at three a.m., "John, I took the biggest dookie...", she said in relief.
"Now you don't have to take any medicine for that.", I said.
The benefit of better nutrition with additional fiber is a win-win for this woman.
Medicines are not always the cure.

2 comments:

CNu said...

Dayyum dood..., what you put in that salad?!?!

brohammas said...

Ahhhh.... you don't need kids UBJ, you got grown people proudly calling you bout dookie!