Monday, October 5, 2009

Save The Boobs (And More)

How is this ad "sexist"?
Aren't the advertisers just trying to use humor to promote the awareness of an important problem?

I wonder what the advertisers were trying to say about who was effected most during the Great Depression.

Umm... Did Cosby know about this before he performed his silly antics on the small screen to promote the same product?.

Is this meant as in the pejorative or as a compliment?

Any white kid who'd never seen a Black kid could make the same mistake.

Aww.. why de' gotta' haba brotha' talkin' like dat?

And she smiles in agreement.

"They choose the best.
Their friends and assiciates - White.
Their motorcar - Cadillac."
Umm.. you still driving your "Gator" (Navigator)? I see why.
Morals, sensitivities and values have been shifting since man had a mind to think.
Are boobs bad?
Nope. In fact, I'd like to see and touch as many fine specimens as possible.
If the Pink Ribbon women want me to help save the boobs - I'm helping.
Am I offended?
Nah... this ad is nothing compared with the past examples.

6 comments:

FreeMan said...

The Cadillac one got me. Made me feel like I was watching Mad Men for a second there!

Mr. Noface said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Noface said...

Yeah I wish a white kid had offered me a bar of fairy soap to help me "wash the black off"...it would have been a muthaf***in' problem!

As for the last ad...Cadillac sure don't sugar coat, do they?

Anonymous said...

LOL just read the last comment..these ads were unbelievably offensive. Thanks for the education lol. As far as the boob thing I don't know I guess if it causes people to pay attention to a horrible disease that kills thousands of women then so be it.

uglyblackjohn said...

@ FreeMan - I think that that is part of the appeal of Mad Men - the celebration of norms from a past era.

@ Yeah... those are pretty bad.

@ Toya - It (the ad) worked for me.

Citizen Ojo said...

I promise you the South Carolina powers that be don't know about that ad.