Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Back When I Was Ballin'

 Or so I thought until I walked into the Buffums department store at Fashion Island in the Newport Center back in the day....
 All I wanted was a couple of pairs of socks.
Sure, I knew Missoni was an expensive brand - but I didn't know how expensive.
I proudly handed the cashier a crisp hundred dollar bill and waited for my change.
"Two pairs of socks? A hundred should cover that with enough left over for lunch", I thought.
I had enough change for lunch... only I had to go to McDonald's
Now Target is selling out of the brand in it's stores as fashionistas/fashionistos are crashing their web sites.
The Target line of socks (at about $10.00 a pair) is much less than the $35.00 a pair I paid back in the day.
Sure, I paid for the socks back then - I was too embarrassed not to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm, but the feel of silk on your body, the cool feel and look of a white 100% linen shirt with the breeze billowing through it on a hot day! The feel of pure natural Egyptian cotton...you can't beat that, there's nothing better! Oh God I wish I was rich!!!!! ;)