Saturday, April 3, 2010

Animal Farm

Funny thing about reading other people's posts (and the ensuing threads) - one often is able to gain new insight into their own previously held positions.
I was asking a blogger about the Animal Farm connection between the Teabaggers and Orwell's novel.
I was originally thinking that the populous were the animals and that the elites were the humans.

But upon thinking further - I came to the conclusion that the elites were just the hypocritical pink pigs.
"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others."
Kind of reads like the history of the Western Empire doesn't it?
Maybe Orwell was saying more than he meant to say.
Maybe he was unintentionally warning of us about a group who replace the former rulers but who would themselves be even worse rulers.
The blogger asked if I could point out any place in the world where an Animal Farm scenario had occurred - come to think of it, where hasn't it occurred?

4 comments:

CNu said...

Define Teabagger....,

Reggie said...

You're absolutely right John. It's amazing to me that in a country where we're all supposed to be equal, some of us are seen as "more equal than others". Why is that?!? Because it's the inherent nature of man to be a hypocrite.

I remember a young woman I was sleeping with once offered to "tea bag" me. I politely looked at her and told her that I prefer coffee.

Reggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Noface said...

We have forgotten the words of Old Major (some of us never even heard them). Revolution is nothing but an upsetting of the chess board. In time all the pieces will be returned to their places. Be wary of all who would wish to lead (or be first among equals).