Monday, March 8, 2010

The Gay Friend


The women of The Real Hoodrats of the ATL might argue with Dwight - but they will cut you if you say something bad about him.
Okay...
Now I get it.
These women can relate to this guy.
This guy has a better understanding of the women which he surrounds himself.


Maybe this is why I don't get Tyler Perry or his movies.
Mr. Perry is talking to women - not (straight) men.
Mr. Perry can identify with women better than with men so his stories tell their stories.

And now Lee Daniels connects with this demographic too.
But Lee, Dwight or TP don't represent me.
As a straight guy, they don't relate to me.
I have gay friends, even a gay brother (that's their business) - but these guys are not my gay friends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dwight oh hell yeah!!!

T.P....you got him right on the money.

I don't know this other guy Lee...

DPizz said...

I don't get your point. Are you saying that you can never be entertained or moved by a film or tv show that is produced or directed by someone who is gay? Or are you just randomly stating that people should not take these currently popular figures as representative of all Black men? I'm not as erudite as your other readers, so maybe you can explain it further so I can understand.

CareyCarey said...

Well DPizz, in a back handed way, UBJ has just laid the word "gay" on everyone that likes Tyler Perry.

He said, "Mr. Perry is talking to women - not (straight) men"

Maybe he's just being facetious? This is a blog, and we do tend to make statements that we do not have to qualify.

I will admit that I am not a fan of several of Mr. Perry's products. And I will agree, or it's my opinion that he writes for women, but to frame his work in a gay context, is a bit of a stretch.

Uncle Black, you're on a roll *lol*.

uglyblackjohn said...

@ D Pizz - No, not at all.
A lot of gay people do a lot of good work.
I like a lot of art, science, design, etc. produced by gays.
But yes, these guys (or their views) are not representative of most Black males.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it