Monday, December 14, 2009

A Sad Time (For USC Fans)

What? No one from USC even under consideration for the Heisman?
(Good call Invisible Hand (Black Market Index) on picking Mark Ingram as the winner.)
With this dreadful season coming to an end, maybe it's time for me to look to the NFL for past Trojans who are doing well at the next level.
(*Heisman winner)
Carson Palmer* - 17 TD 10 Int 2641 yrds 84.8 QB rating
Matt Leinart* - 0TD 1Int 339 yrds 76.4 QB rating
John David Booty - 0 TD 0 Int 0 yrds 0 QB rating
Mark Sanchez - 11 Td 17 Int 2049 yrds 63.7 QB rating

LenDale White - 63 Car 221 yrds 3.5 ave 2 TD
Reggie Bush* - 62 Car 310 yrds 5 ave 5 TD

Damn... even former Trojans are sucking this year,
and this doesn't bode well for the Bowl season.
Here are my picks for a few select Bowl games;
Las Vegas Bowl - Oregon State over BYU
Poinsettia Bowl - Cal. over Utah
Emerald Bowl - USC over Boston College
Eagle Bank Bowl - UCLA over Temple
Holiday Bowl - Arizona over Nebraska
Sun Bowl - Stanford over Oklahoma
Rose Bowl - Oregon over Ohio State

Las Vegas Bowl? Poinsettia Bowl? Emerald Bowl? Eagle Bank Bowl? Sun Bowl?
Who has even heard of these games, let alone been shamed into playing in them?
Okay, okay... most of my picks are just wishful thinking,
but as bad as this year has been,
I might as well go out swinging.

5 comments:

FreeMan said...

I actually have Nebraska winning that bowl.

Overall it's a suck ass year in sports but I'm happy for Nick Saban some people just know where they should be.

uglyblackjohn said...

I actually have the Pac Ten losing more than a few games.
But in this down year - I can only hope for a great ending.

I like Saban - everyone in Louisiana does after he helped LSU to a title.
But I hate Alabama after they split a title with USC (twenty something years) ago after USC beat them in a regular season game.
But I hate Texas MORE than I hate Alabama,
so - Goooooh Tide!

doll said...

I just love the flowery names for some of these finals series - who on earth came up with them? They are just so feminime.

uglyblackjohn said...

@ doll - Damn... I never thought of that.
Some of them do sound fairly soft for such a supposedly rough sport.

brohammas said...

I can't stand Bama. It has one of the most legitamized all white fraternities in the country. sure there are plenty of unspoken rules about race... but they are unspoken because people know when something is wrong.It seems at Bama, they dont know its wrong...
Kinda like UBJ pickin the Utes to loose.