Monday, December 28, 2009

If We're Keeping Score

After inheriting a failed banking system and a failed auto industry - some would say that Obama is ruining the country.
But a quick look reveals something different.
Dow Jones Average;
January 2009 - Markets trade at a low of 8000.86
December 2009 - Markets up to 10547.08

After Bush promises an end to our 'long national nightmare of peace and prosperity' (The Clinton Years) - at least the man seemed to deliver on his promises.
Dow Jones Average;
January 2001 10646.15
December 2001 10021.57
And some on the Right claim that Obama is ruining our country?

5 comments:

FreeMan said...

Well he is running the country but to use the example of Hitler is weak at best. People like to put Hitler mustaches on everything they hate. I'm going to put a Hitler Mustache on my competition's company name so people can imply something evil too.

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

I think Barack's actions have softened the blows delivered by the banksters in charge. The Far Right gives him no credit for this, just like they gave Bush no blame. Given that context, I think your mustaches were fine.

CareyCarey said...

Politics, oh how I hate it. Let me count the ways...

I'll be back when I am done counting.

Mr. Noface said...

I hate when people try to call the game in the 1st quarter. It rarely works in sports and it definitely doesn't work in politics. The truth is Obama did inherit a huge mess. He can't make everything better overnight or all by himself.

Most of the time Obama comports himself like a competent POTUS. When compared to G. W. Bush his record so far is pretty stellar.

uglyblackjohn said...

(I jacked the photos from other sites.)