Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year !!!

What the Memorial Day Weekend Indy 500/NASCAR double is to some in the South -
The New Years Eve/Day Las Vegas/Pasadena double is to many on the West Coast.
But the West Coast double comes with a catch.
If one enjoys himself too much on New Years Eve in Vegas,
the Pasadena New Years Day leg becomes impossible.
Only once in my lifetime was I able to complete such a double.
I had to leave Vegas a bit early,
and the Rose Parade was viewed through blurry eyes.

But I love the Rose Parade in Pasadena.
It's much better than a tacky balloon filled parade through dirty streets (Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade).
How ever you celebrate it - Have a Happy New Year !!!

3 comments:

Freckles said...

The Rose Paradeis rather wonderful. Growing up we use to go view the floats days after. Good times. I have never been one for Vegas for New Years - Just too much for me.

I will be back on the westcoast shortly - cant wait!

brohammas said...

You have roses, we have a bunch of guys with banjos wearing sequins (Mummers parade).

Happy New Year.

FreeMan said...

Man you made it to both huh? I never made that drive because if I'm in Vegas I'm staying. Been to the parade when I was a kid but after that I always secretly hoped a swarm of bees would come down and pollinate all the plants and scare everyone away.

Ok that's a cruel thing to think of but it's what I secretly wanted to happen when I was a kid.