Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sanchez First

Tailback U has become Quarterback U,
and with Mark Sanchez projected to go as high as number 4 to the Seattle Seahawks in the first round of this weekend's Pro draft,
the Trojans seem to have reloaded yet again.
(IMO - Detroit should pick Sanchez as the number 1 pick. If he only leads the Lions to one win - that would be an improvement over last year.)

Mitch Mustain (the highly touted but under qualified former high school star) has yet to impress the coaches at USC - slipping to as low as third on the quarterback depth chart.
Aaron Corp seems to be the likely starter in a season that is less than five months away.

But recent controversies (OJ Mayo in basketball and Reggie Bush in football) would imply that L.A. does in fact have a pro football team, and that team is the USC Trojans.

3 comments:

RunningMom said...

The Lions can't make a good pick. It's tragic really.

Freeman Press said...

Sanchez to me is turning into the Golden Boy on TV. I thought he was alright but not better than Palmer or even Lienart.

On the pro team thing I sure do wish they would just go and grab the Vikings and bring them west and rename the the Conquistadors or something. We got the Lakers and the Manny Dodgers now so USC is only for football. But I tell you I was here when the Raiders left and I'm still sad I can't go watch a game. I hate the Chargers and their BS ass team.

uglyblackjohn said...

@ RunningMom - Ah, ha ha ha. Looks like the Lions will get stuck with a Ryan Leaf type qurterback.

@ FreeMan - I wasn't impressed with Sanchez - it's just that he's from USC.
On the Pro thing - I was hoping for Tampa Bay to go to L.A..
The Raiders were a'ight in L.A. but they belong in Oaktown.
Eff the Rams.
I hate the Chargers but I like the stadium and then going down to the Gaslamp (Gaslight?) District and then maybe down to TJ.