Wednesday, June 9, 2010

As Simple As

Chances are that one will never have to press a washing machine from ones chest while lying in a supine position.
Chances are that one will never have to repeatedly curl fifty pounds of groceries, rest, repeat, rest and repeat.
Chances are that one will never have to run five to ten miles at any given time in ones lifetime as part of their daily activity.
But each is a good exercise to prepare for what one will have to do.

When we blog - who is our audience?
For me, it's my young cousins and the topics are generally related to questions which have arisen throughout the day.
For me, the format and delivery must not only be simple enough for them to understand - but it must be simple enough for them to relate to their friends and family.
The contents of my posts (and the other blogs I use to help them understand more than I'll teach) must not stop with them.
The contents, ideas and concepts must be recognized as being applicable to their daily lives in a manner which they will be able to use them to have an impact on the outcomes of their situation.

Are most of my posts smart?
Heck no.
I'm not at that stage in life to have that luxury.
But are my posts simple enough for a fifth grader to teach to his classmates and teachers?
I hope so.

No comments: