Sunday, December 26, 2010

To Re-Gift?

To the unknowing eye, these labels may look similar - but there is a huge difference in 'snob appeal'.
As with most holidays, I received many gifts which I will probably never use.
In years past, I would wear gift items once in an effort to show that I liked what was given to me.
But the past couple of years I've just kept the tags on the items just in case I'd meet someone who would appreciate things for which I'd have little use.
I always feel like the parent who receives an ashtray made by his child that looks like a big painted lump of clay.
I'm no clothing snob but I only like the labels and styles that I like.
What does one do with a closet full of clothes which he will never wear?
Do I re-gift, give them to the Goodwill or do I return them all and take the money to a store at which I'd actually shop?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that too! I like what I like.
I think to re gift would be the best.

brohammas said...

Return and cash -out.

My wife always tells people, "under no circumstance should you buy him clothes." Yet people do.

uglyblackjohn said...

Just solved the problem.
I'm having a gift exchange at one of the clubs I run.
Even if I don't get anything someone may be able to use what I bring.

But yeah brohammas - I've only gotten less than ten items of clothing that I wanted in my whole life as gifts.
Clothes are a personal thing.
They would have been better off getting me gift cards to Barnes and Noble.