Monday, July 19, 2010

Grey Dot

I'm a huge fan of learning from others.
I try to glean knowledge from those who have knowledge in areas where I have little or none.
But this doesn't mean that I am have to become that person or group.
This does not mean that their ways are better than mine.
This only means that I am a bit thin where they may have a bit more depth.
Or that I may have more depth where they are a bit thin.
To be truly equal - one cannot become the other.
One must always be himself.
It is only under such conditions where the Yin and the Yang are in balance.
The Yin doesn't hate the Yang, and the Yang doesn't hate the Yin - it is only that they are not the same.
But still, each recognizes that the other is it's equal.

If one becomes the other this balance is lost and all we end up with is a static and impotent grey dot.

No comments: