Monday, September 4, 2017

On Fleek

 My daughter and my girlfriend are close and they often engage in girl talk.
Today they were both excited that their eyebrow woman was back in town after the hurricane so they can get their eyebrows 'did'.

I never really noticed women's eyebrows unless they had a unibrow and looked like Frida Kahlo.
But I do remember liking the Chola eyebrows back in the day.
Maybe it wasn't so much the eyebrows as it was that these were some fine heinas (jainas). 

 But these days things have gone too far.
Sure, back in the day Vanilla Ice and other rappers would shave lines in their eyebrows but eyebrow modification was always a woman thing.



From logos, to waves, to feathers, to braids...
The female infatuation with eyebrows being on fleek is just something I'll never understand.
Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon but I'll never understand why a woman would pay to have her face 'beat'.

No comments: