Monday, October 24, 2011

Haters...

Damn... I guess when it rains it really does pour.
I've been taking financial beatings for as long as I've been here.
Everyone I've tried to help has squandered my resources and each of us and has little or nothing to show for it.

This past week has been crazy.
I just booked a Christmas party for a local law firm.
That's a good thing but what is better is that the firm is one that initiated the rash of Asbestos and Tobacco suits here in the state.
They are close to being a billion-dollar company.
This booking has led other companies to book us as their chosen party venue as well.
The philanthropic work added to my credibility within the community and has caused me to become one of it's 'in' members.
I've done what most Black clubs in the area couldn't.
I've gained crossover appeal while still being true to my roots.
I'm sure being from the suburbs in California helped me to assimilate into broader society while others from the area still equated 'Black' with 'ghetto' - but it seems to be working for me.

Now the rumors and trash-talking start.
But I'm pleased with this.
The thing is: most people don't really hate on you - they just hate that they ain't you.
I've been through the toughest of times and tough times create either though people or quitters.
I've been knocked down but this taught me to be able to take a punch, adjust and to keep pressing the action.

Now the hard part...
Too much money, too many women, too many hangers-on - too much status.


3 comments:

Brohammas said...

If you have too much money... gimme a call and I'll help you with that.

I'm a problem solver.

(but not with those other problems)

Anonymous said...

What Brohammas said. Ditto bro, if you don't know what to do with all that money, I'm a life coach, I'll help you out, anytime! As for the other stuff, just everything in moderation. You can't run a business and party at the same time bro!

uglyblackjohn said...

I DON'T party - and I make sure not to date any woman who comes to the club.
"Too much" may be overstating it but It's hard to keep track of stacks of cash. I walk around with cash like I'm a dope dealer. Maybe it's time to get an AMEX Corporate Card instead.