Saturday, August 22, 2009

Underrated

The Matrix - Sure, it was a huge blockbuster - but as far as trying to incorporate a wide variety of ideas and concepts into a simple and entertaining storyline, The Matrix rarely fails in it's attempt at equating esoteric beliefs and histories to childhood nursery rhymes.
Sure, it sometimes gets lost along the way (As do I) - but it's references to so many cultures, it's ability to create a new way of filming, and it's adherence to traditional thought make the series more seminal than derivative.

Prince - No matter how much praise the man gets - it's still not quite enough.
(He'd make the list for his choice of women alone.)
He one of the few celebrities (Ali is another) who makes other celebrities act like common fans.
IMO - 1999 was better than Purple Rain.


Family - Sure, almost everyone has one - but few actually understand their own.
It takes a whole lot of "success" to compensate for the lack of respect of one's father and the lack of love of one's mother.
It takes a whole lot of really good friends to compensate for the lack of loyalty of one's siblings and kin.
Okay... there are a lot more things that are underrated, (True Romance (the movie), Being American, and Stacy Dash among them), but none can top The Family.

4 comments:

FreeMan said...

LMAO @ Stacey Dash - I thought I was the only one who thought she was overrated. Sometimes people have the specs of a good looking person but somehow can't pull it off. She is the epitome of everything a guy would describe but somehow it doesn't come together.

uglyblackjohn said...

Oh no... I meant that I'd like to see MORE of her.
Can she act?
Not really - but I'd be set with Ms Dash.

FreeMan said...

I don't know I like Sannaa Lathan. I prefer cute to weird exotic.

Stacey Dash can't act I think she is the first official Black eye candy put on TV.

brohammas said...

OK, you said TV... I was about to ask if you ever saw BAPS or Cat Woman... those two really show that you can get an Oscar for taking off your shirt because that sure wasn't acting.

You sayin 'Lisa Turtle' was a thespian?