Saturday, August 9, 2008

Re: Acting White - Evolution

I tried to post a comment on Acting White;
http://actingwhite.blogspot.com/

The thread progressed to whether African Americans (or Africans) were as intellectually evolved as Europeans, Asians or Jews. I tried to ask a question (post a comment) but the site failed to let it go through. No disrespect to Mr. James Collier (the site's author), I'll just post my theses here.

Are Southern Blacks as intelligent as Western or Northern Blacks?
The Western and Northern Blacks' forefathers had enough sense to leave the South and it's hostile environment. The Southern Blacks either didn't have the skills, resources or intellect to leave an obviously oppressive situation.

The Southern Blacks continued to breed between inferior stock producing inferior beings. The Northern or Western Blacks who failed to assimilate were those who held onto their old values or
they were new comers who overwhelmed the established gene pool in those areas.

Northern and Western Blacks seem to assimilate more easily. The Southern Blacks (even down to their dialect) still resemble their slave ancestors.

Since evolution seems to be the direction of the discussion concerning the failings of Black culture, how far back do we need to go to qualify "evolving"?

I'm not stating that this theses as fact. As ridiculous as it sounds. it's just a discussion that I've had with friends. One in which we weren't able to come to a conclusion.

3 comments:

James C. Collier said...

"Are Southern Blacks as intelligent as Western or Northern Blacks?"

UglyBlackJohn: I post everything on my site (except profanity and insults), so I'm not sure why you post did not go through. My apologies.

In any event, to your question, brain development has occurred over millions of years in humanoids, and over the past 150K years in homo sapiens. I postulate that the first and only real IQ test was that of traversing the globe. This was accomplished by Africans of higher intellect, whose genetically adaptive traits (such as skin color) changed as the result of their successful travels. This distinction would not show itself in pop. of blacks enslaved in this country.

Michael Fisher said...

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but you are NOT the recipient of the award, uglyblackjohn.

The recipient it the person who answered your question.

uglyblackjohn said...

Actually this was a real discussion that I've had on several occations with Blacks here in the South. Whenever I know something that others don't or can do something that others can't - the most often recited response is; "Oh, that's because you're from California". I put forth the above argument and people AGREED with it! WTF?