Friday, December 11, 2009

Cuidado!

It's the most wonderful time of the year.
At least for those dealing in twins.
As more people shop with bills of larger denominations during the holidays, watch out for counterfeit bills being passed from customer, to cashier, and back to another customer.
Since most people are stressed and in a hurry, most people won't take the time to make sure that their change is made in authentic bills.
Hint; It's less trouble to refuse a fake note from a cashier than it is to explain why you are attempting to pass a twin at a different store.

3 comments:

FreeMan said...

You got cats walking around with that counterfeit pen checking bills now! LOL

uglyblackjohn said...

I was in line at a local Walgreen's when I looked at the money of the girl in front of me.
When she tried to hand it to the cashier, I told the cashier that the bill looked fake.
Upon closer inspection - it was.
The woman ran to meet some guy standing at the entrance.

Anyone who handles a lot of cash should be able to tell the difference just by looking at or touching a bill.
But so many of these young kids who work retail are undertrained and they'll just pass that bill on to the next customer in line.

When I noticed the twin - I remembered that Christmas time is twin season.

doll said...

I'm overseas at the moment and don't know the currency real well. I think I will have to sit and scrutinise it as it is certainly a currency that gets conterfeited.