Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Money Plays

Taking a page from Michael Bloomberg's successful run as Mayor of New York City -
Billionaire and former eBay CEO Meg Whitman has thrown her hat into the gubernatorial ring in California.
What she may lack in looks or star power could be made up in her business acumen.

Even down here in Texas, a change is in the air.
Indian immigrant Farouk Shami has been spending his own money in an attempt to gain residence in the governor's mansion.
Just because he brought jobs to the state he assumes he can run the state.

8 comments:

FreeMan said...

Anyone is better than Arnold because his whole position is based off all of us in Kali getting mad at paying more energy costs.

It's good to know all I need to do is get a billion then I can run the whole state.

Val said...

California needs qualified people to run the state otherwise it's going to go bankrupt.

Meg Whitman is not the one.

Anonymous said...

I noticed you didn't mention the male candidate's looks...

uglyblackjohn said...

@ Anon. 12:28 - I'm a guy, I notice women's looks.

doll said...

I think the CEO looks fine and would undoubtedly look very sexy out of a depressing black suit and into a sexy dress and heels.

uglyblackjohn said...

@ doll - This was the most flattering photo I could find - some of the others...

doll said...

Actually upon reflection it reminds me of a photo from my past. I was working for a lesbian at the time and had to dress in such a butch manner to avoid unpleasant comments about my appearance if I dressed straight.

Reggie said...

Bloomberg has actually been a good mayor in New York City. Our politicians, particularly the ones that came from the business field, need to remember to run government like a company in order to be successful. Sometimes hard decisions need to be made and Bloomberg did just that in New York City.

I believe what Farouk Shami is going to find out in Texas is that Texans aren't really that progressive.