Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dee's Just Jokes Son


Anon. said - "the only problem with laughing at (oneself) is that (ones) enemies are laughing at (them) too. I guess that makes you your own worst enemy."
Pa- lease...
If I say, "White Guy Penis" - what comes to mind?
(No not you brohammas - I'm sure you can tell us many stories about your "White Titanium Phallus of Power".)
If I say, "Asian Booty" - what size and shape comes to mind?
If I say, "Bee-bees", "Dirty Kitchen", or "Naps" - what image do you see in your mind's eye?
If I say, "Italian Female Moustache" - do you know of what I am speaking?
Sometime words are used to better aid in a description which may have been based on stereotypes.

C'mon son... these are just jokes.
Imagine these little girls laughing at Ms Ford because she has "great big tiddie balls and a big round bottom".
How would a grown secure woman take such jokes coming from these harmless little children with their limited experiences and/or perspectives?
It's just amazes me that some people put so much value in the opinions of others - many of whom they don't even know and most of which will have little or no impact on their daily lives.

When "I" state "uglyblackjohn" - I know that looks are subjective,
and that "Black" is an ambiguous term,
and that "John" (my real name) is common.
"Uglyblackjohn" doesn't mean that I'm ugly,
or subjugated,
or oppressed by some mysterious master - only that you don't know me.
It's as though I'm nobody but at the same time I am everybody.
The name should elicit a sense of commonality - not a sense of derision.

Since I don't see "Slave" when you say "Black" - this problem is your own.
If your whole identity is tied to that of being the pitiful perpetual victim - I can't understand that.
If the whole of your well being is tied to what others may think of you - that's something you have to deal with.
(I've moved past this level of low-self worth.)

4 comments:

FreeMan said...

UBJ is schooling cats to higher learning! LOL

I always tell my nephew you can only be embarrassed if you care what other people think.

Superior minds aside most people biggest crutch is that they really haven't seen it with their own eyes. So just like that scene off of Good Will Hunting they take pride in repeating others and thinking that makes them great.

Just like kids wondering why an adult doesn't play outside you have to help them to understand instead of dismissing them at idiots. Some people accept what is given and others come up with a plan to create for themselves.

brohammas said...

problem with laughing at yourself is your enemies are laughing too?
Whos day to day life has real anemies like that?
Sure we all don't get along but I wouldn't say I've had a personal enemy since middle school... ecept bill collectors.
I've had those a enemies more recently than middle school...
Maybe Anon meant the IRS?

Reggie said...

Yes John this is an excellent post, you make many fine points!! I couldn't possibly care less what other people think of me, I'm comfortable with myself and I just love me some me.

But.......I can't take my eyes off that gorgeous wench up there, Melyssa is a goddess!!!

How in the hell can men look at our women and decide they're not good enough for them?!? How do men of color look at our women and decide they aren't attracted to them?!? What the fuck is wrong with people?!?

CareyCarey said...

Well I'll be. So, you're not ugly and all those other things? I mean, you mean to tell me that you don't pay for women? You know, like being a John or a sugar daddy.

Damn Freeman, why have you been lying on my brother?

But seriously, whisperers and image molders get little of my time. Really, I can't trust them. I've grown to old to worry about the small stuff.