Monday, November 30, 2009

WTF?

When did the Saints become the preeminent team in the NFL?
I'm not really a Saints fan, but my family is from all over Louisiana - so I have to like the Saints by default.
(That and Reggie Bush - of USC - was their first round pick a few years ago.)
All weekend, I had to hear how great the Saints were.
But it seems that besides Katrina - people from NOLA have a short memory.
It wasn't too long ago that the Saints were the Aints.
Talk about the realization of parity in the NFL.
How did the Saints...the SAINTS?

2 comments:

FreeMan said...

Like I tell people the NFL draft is the greatest model to follow in building anything. The saints were always crap but Drew Brees and a couple of great draft picks one crazy ass coach and you got 11-0.

They are a legit threat this year because the NFC sucks.They will make it to the Super Bowl barring any injuries.

Reggie said...

I moved to Metairie, a suburb of 'Nawlins, right after I graduated from college. I really and truly loved the area. The food was outstanding and for the most part, the people were great.

Both of my children were born in the area and my 20 year old son is an avowed Saints fan. Last year we were able to make it to the city to watch their Monday night football game against Minnesota. It was a great game and it's still a great city.

It is my most fervent hope that the city can completely bounce back from the lingering effects of Hurricane Katrina one day.