Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's Been A While...

...since I got some love from a blog award.
I guess the respected blogger KIT of Keep It Trill http://keepittrill.blogspot.com/ ran out of blogs to hand out this award to so she settled on mine.
Apparently I'm allowed to pass this award on to the blogs I read which I think are worth a look;
(Am I allowed to pass it back to her?)

FreeMan of FreeMan Press http://freemanpress.wordpress.com/ writes about solutions to problems which are constantly raised when trying to uplift the race.
Believe me - we disagree on method a lot but both of us are working towards the same goal.

Reggie of Reggie's Rantings http://reggiesblogspotrantings.blogspot.com/ seems to be more conversational than didactic.
It's like talking ish at the corner bar or barbershop.

Kay Dub of Sky, Soil & Everything... http://konwomyn.blogspot.com/ ain't no joke.
Her spot is interesting, intelligent and nice to just look at.

Then there's SeeNew of Subrealism http://subrealism.blogspot.com/ .
Did you score lower than a 170 on the LSAT, a 35 on the ACT, or a 2300 on the SAT?
Well, you might have problems here.
I've been hella busy for the past two weeks and haven't been able to read his posts as much as I'd like and I already feel as though I'm a year behind in post-grad.
Also thought about:
DeeVee is usually a fun read with a lot of action on the ensuing threads.
But since the death of Mills - the diversity of opinion has diminished.
Most of the current posts champion a myopic view of materialism which will just replicate our current social, political and economic states.
But when the ish starts flying - no other blogger can stir up mess between the most erudite bloggers like DeeVee can.
brohammas is fairly insightful on his views from his travels but he doesn't link to other blogs on his site so I wasn't sure if I could link to his.
The odd thing is - I just started writing these posts because I had/have more questions than answers.
Most of the time I'm just using a regula falsi approach when broaching a subject in the hopes that someone will steer me in the right direction.
Most posts are just a starting point and not the final answer.
Most of the posts are as short and simple as possible and written in a colloquial manner.
Is each post coherent or related to a previous post to form a cohesive pattern of thought?
Umm... well, not usually.
So "Thank You" KIT for stopping by and sharing some love.

8 comments:

FreeMan said...

Yeah I try to hang with CNU but I just can't. I wonder does he eat hotwings and drink beer?

Thanks for the honorable mention as I think the way you summarized our interaction was the best. The way to the mountain top are different but it's the same mountain.

CNu said...

I drink beer and tequila and make helladocious hotwings.

Thanks for the honorable mention uncle John.

brohammas said...

Thats a hot list you put together here. I'm pleased to be mentioned but not sure if I can hang...
mentally that is, if it were leg wrestling I'd win hands down.
OK FreeMan, you game?

FreeMan said...

@Brohammas - Leg wrestling sounds a bit too intimate for me and I might just kick you to get it over with. J/K

I'm game for a verbal throwdown whenever and whatever. As long as we want to find some solution I'm all for it.

KST said...

Nice list! I used to cringe at some of the debates between CNu and UBM. I became a fan the day he made the suggestion someone be shot with hot pee over @ DV's spot. ; )

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

"I guess the respected blogger Kit ran out of blogs to hand out this award to so she settled on mine."

*cracking up"

Thank you and you're welcome, and no, John, I like your teaching perspective, and some of your posts are memorable.

BTW, word is that DV is taking out a contract on yo' azz for this one...

Reggie said...

Thanks for the love John, you're one helluva blogologist!!!

KonWomyn said...

iM a li'l late to the party, my apologies, but UBJ thank you so for the shoutout, that was sooo nice you Bra. iAm honored...smiling stupidly too ; )

And thank you KIT for bigging up UBJ, he def has a beautiful soul and a gr8 blog.

...peace