Monday, May 23, 2011

"O"

Damn... now that's star power. Maybe I gotta' agree with CareyCarey on this one - Oprah is indeed the baddest bitch on the planet.
Even the NBA had to yield to her influence in scheduling for the Bulls-Heat playoff series.
The Oprah show is the biggest lead-in for local news programming nationwide.
Her exit creates a void which has news anchors Katie Curic and Anderson Cooper leaving their current jobs in the hope of capturing some of Oprah's Oprahless audience.
Barack Obama received a jump of 358% in Internet searches after first appearing on her show.
(Oprah is credited with influencing one million people to vote for Barack Obama.)
Her 70 book club picks have sold over 55 million copies to date.
Viewers have donated over $80,000,000.00 to her Angel Network charity.
Her departure is expected to cost the Chicagoland area more than $10,000,000.00 a year.

I'm no Oprah fan (My guilty pleasure is TMZ) but I gotta' give it up to the girl.

2 comments:

CareyCarey said...

Now that's the move of a man's man. Yep, oh how I admire a man that has the courage to say he was wrong, and knows when to cry uncle. LOL

Oprah is the greatest, and for all of UBJ's readers that do not know what he's referring to, here's the post that saw UglyblackJohn hatin' on Oprah. Oh yeah, he's in the comment section droppin' salt on my girl. So I think it's safe to say we can teach old dogs new trick. *smile*

HERE: Copy and paste this in your browser/search box....

http://careycarey-carrymehome.blogspot.com/2010/11/why-all-hate-on-oprah-and-tyler-perry.html

brohammas said...

Oprah going off-air means I will now have a wife, and my children will have a mother from 4-5pm. Its a whole new world.