Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Goods

 I'm just chillin'
Sure, I used to be a label whore but now I just get what I like and what fits my daily needs.
Robert Graham shirts are fairly standard.
Most can be worn with almost anything.
What I like are the contrasting cuffs and collars. (You see the guys on any of The Real Housewives shows wearing this brand all the time.)
But don't be a sucker, don't go to Neiman Marcus or Saks  to plop down two to three hundred dollars on a shirt.
Wait till they're past season and buy them at any upscale outlet mall.
The brand isn't popular enough to have a market for knock-offs.
And the brand isn't big enough yet for them to create a second-tier-outlet-only line.
My other most common purchase is a pair or two of these Donald Pliner Uwait slip-ons. (In brown and black)
Just go online and buy them half the $250 asking price of department stores.
Throw on a pair of Polo Khakis and you can go from one situation to the next without having to change clothes for each environment.

4 comments:

Brohammas said...

Hmmm. Looks like youve been frequenting the same blogs Ihave. Or at least the same sort of blogs.

uglyblackjohn said...

Nah... I've liked design/fashion for years but there are only a few brands I like enough to stick with.
This list is fluid because most design houses shift their focus when a new lead designer is hired.
I used to like Armani but their cuts are currently too narrow if one has lats and traps.
I used to like Hugo Boss but they don't seem to use many fabrics I like.
I still like Valentino - he never seems to change.

Anonymous said...

That sounds extra sharp! I like those shoes too!

Anonymous said...

Re: *Stylish*. Point of that now-deleted comment was, in case you missed it, when you reach advanced age (70-80) what is going to count is not how much time you spent looking stylish and hanging out in fancy clubs being cool and socializing. What will count is did you raise a strong family, with a good marriage, well-raised productive-in-the-real-world children/grandchildren...
-BD-