Monday, May 9, 2011

"Happystance"?

She meant to say 'happenstance' but I understand her confusion.
When a young niece went on a ride-along as I made visits to elderly ladies, she asked how I even knew them.
"I just met them from doing my everyday stuff.", I said.
"Oh. like happystance!?", she asked.
"Happystance?", I asked.
"Yeah... you know... . When you don't plan on something but everyone ends up being happy.", she answered.
"No, you mean happenstance.", I said.
"Really? Oh, okay... But I like mine better.", she said.
"Yeah, me too.". I said as we pulled up to the next house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your niece is cute! i like happaystance better too!

uglyblackjohn said...

Oh... she's a tough little girl. She puts her older male cousins to shame. It's just that sometimes she hears me using words that she doesn't quite understand and attempts to use them herself.