Saturday, November 19, 2011

Out-Classed

Nightclubs are a messy business - and nightclub owners are notoriously backhanded.
Recently a rival club has started rumours and gossip, called the TABC and even offered to buy me out in an effort to eliminate the competition.
What was my response?
I called the rival owner to ask whether it was alright if I brought some people to his club.
I closed early tonight and brought my crowd and employees to the rival club to wish one of it's oldest employees a "Happy Birthday".
(I once did some consulting work for this rival so I know most of it's patrons and employees.)

"Now, that's class.", was heard from many of the people in the rival club.
Before getting home, I received three bookings for future parties.
When one has a good reputation there is no need to compete - sometimes it's easier to just outclass the competition.

3 comments:

DF said...

Or sometimes you are just more street savvy than your so called competition... & ... you walk into their club and steal their shine while they gladly welcome you in.

Outclass or Outsmart?

Val said...

Hopefully the other club owner may learn something.

Devaka Perera said...

Your last line....very very well said. Refinement and class are worth more than most will ever be able to realize.