Monday, September 14, 2009

Wow !

BMW quit Formula 1 racing to focus on green technology and this is what they've come up with.
The Vision reaches a top speed of 155 mph, goes from 0-62 in 4.8 seconds and gets an astounding 62.2 mph (Made possible, in large part, by the recapturing of heat (energy) that is usually lost as exhaust in most other vehicles.).
Since the reason behind the existence of Formula 1 racing was to develop and show off each manufacturer's designs and technologies, it seems that BMW has learned a thing or two about a thing or two.

I don't know...
I think I'd like a little more protection (and privacy) than the full sized window offers - but that is a nice looking gas sipping machine.

2 comments:

FreeMan said...

Ain't it funny that all these cars exist in other countries that will work here but somehow they never make it over?

BMW is what I tell people is true Sports Luxury. I think someone there wanted to make sports car but got a tongue lashing so they put it in more luxury vehicles.

I can take the glass but the colors are kind of unique with the blue accents on pretty much a white car. It's nice!

brohammas said...

This is the first "new" car I have seen in a long time that looks both fast and cool.... and new.

Seems like the days of my youth when we all wanted a 911 Porsche, Ferrari, or the Night Rider car, but in stead we just looked up to the kid with a Camero.