Thursday, June 2, 2016

We're Pretty Much Screwed

Things are getting bad when our food isn't even real food anymore.
And things are even worse when even our 'fresh' fruits and vegetables may be a bad choice when trying to maintain a healthy diet.

I have a bag of apples in the fruit bin of my refrigerator that have been there almost a year.
It's a secondary refrigerator and I rarely use the fruit bins in it.
In fact, I had forgotten the last time I'd bought apples.

The fruit is still firm and looks alright but is it?
Apparently SmartFresh technology (the spraying of 1-methylcyclopropene gas into Apple crates) allows apples to last up to a year.
But SHOULD apples last up to a year?
The most perfect food ever recorded (Mana from Heaven) only lasted a day before spoiling.
If food cannot spoil; is it any good?

No comments: