Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Laws of Attraction

 Most people believe that opposites attract.
Sure, this may be true but some studies suggest that people are attracted to those who most resemble themselves.
That when images of celebrities are superimposed on one another that couples have more physical similarities than differences.
 IMOHO - Most people are attracted to those who they feel will will make up for their shortcomings.
A man or woman who grew up being afraid may be more attracted to the big man or a big woman, a man or woman who grew up poor may place more value on someone rich, a man or woman who grew up thinking he/she was ugly may look for the pretty boy or a beauty queen, ... .
This is done for security and protection.

For many Blacks, there is a tendency to date those who are much lighter or much darker than oneself.
Among early generations, many darker people dated lighter in an effort to become more acceptable.
But many lighter people chose to date darker people in an effort to appear even more Black.

But then some people settle for what they think they deserve.
Many effed-up people settle for someone who offers no benefit to their well being.
"I'm messed-up and you're messed-up so we have to settle for each other.", these may say to each other.
These people have a more Yin-Yang approach to dating.
This Yin-Yang approach is often seen in celebrity couples as well.
Each partner feels as though he/she is perfectly fine so they seek others who feel the same.
Yeah... I may prefer the "hybrid" woman - but I'm a hybrid as well.
I like me...
and those whose looks are most similar to my own. I'm far from perfect but I'm perfectly fine,
 and I like women who feel the same.

No comments: