Monday, April 11, 2011

Angry Black Women

 Our local network affiliate is doing technical work at their station.
As a result of this, people without cable have missed out on some of their favorite television shows.
This comes after weeks of preempted shows which were displaced by the recent NCAA basketball tournament.
 All the elderly women I check in on have very similar viewing habits.
Some of these women cannot see but they they 'watch' any judge who has a show.
If these women miss Judge Judy, they're ready to fight.
These women will miss a doctors appointment if it interferes with their daily viewing schedule.
 And don't get me started on missing Victor Newman.
Man... I haven't heard old women cussing like this since...
Well... Madea.
Which brings me to my biggest dilemma.
Since these women cannot watch their favorite shows, each of them asks me to sit with them while they watch one Tyler Perry movie or another for the three hundred and eighty third time.
Damn... I've never liked Tyler Perry movies - but I'll pretend to enjoy them every time.

2 comments:

DF said...

Hey Man when I get older you can watch Pootie Tang with me 183 times too and I still won't understand what the hell it's about.

Old people get set in their ways and they seen enough crap to know what they like. So far you found out they love Tyler Perry.

ow said...

So what is it that people like about his movies? I can't get through one, but they clearly have an audience. What is it that's so appealing?