Monday, June 7, 2010

Sports Roundup

While I'm not a huge fan of Soccer - I am a huge fan of female Brazilian soccer fans.
Will the US win the World Cup?
Aw hell naw.
But since five players are from California and three of those are from the IE - I'll be rooting for Team USA to bring the FIFA World Cup Trophy to America.

John Wooden - Oct. 14, 1910 - June 4, 2010

I like Barry Bonds because his father is from my hometown - but my favorite baseball player just retired from the game.
Jr. was The Man.
Like Barry Sanders in football or K.G. in basketball - Jr. only sat out games because he played too hard in the previous game and got hurt.
Eff Rugby.
That ish hurts.
Big hits without the pads?
Man... eff that!
But okay... the Utah Utes got lucky to upset the vaunted California Golden Bears 31-26 in the finals to win the recent USA Sevens tournament.
With Nebraska and Missouri thinking about joining the Big Ten - The Pac-10 is attempting to become the Pac-16 by adding any combination of; Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Colorado and even taking the over-rated Utah Utes from the Mountain West Conference.

3 comments:

FreeMan said...

The Pac 10 is doing too much as they aren't even on the Pacific and I thought Arizona was a stretch...

Also I'm with you on Barry Sanders as he was my favorite football player too. The Shef Dave Sheffield is my favorite in baseball and in B-ball cmon Magic is Showtime.

Val said...

How could you leave track & field out!?

brohammas said...

Barry was the greatest. He did more with less (no supporting cast) than anyone.

MAn you love to taunt my Utes. That BYU stuff must have soaked into your brain a little too much.
Lucky?, naw, its 7's, not the full 15's. Utah has always been great at 7's, I'll be the first to admit we can't beat them in 15's.

Of course I never played for the U but I did play for a rival school and in the 5 games I played against Utah, every one of them got called early because of fighting... Ahhh, the old days.