Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Math Remediation


The Math Chique passed this information on to me.
It seems that our schools are failing in the areas that will rule our future economy.

Maybe city-college is the answer for many.
I live in a town of 100,00 that has no city college. The percentage of Blacks with an associates degree or higher is just 6.7%. But the local refineries now require such a certificate for their 100k+ yr. jobs.
My hometown (was about 100k when I was in school now about 3ook) has a city college with close to 20,000 students. The percentage of Blacks with an associates degree or more was 68%.

Seeing that many children graduate with skills that are less than those of fifty years ago - it seems that No Child left many behind.

2 comments:

Debo Blue said...

I don't think No Chile is the problem.

Who knew 20 years ago our children would need more PC skills?

Yeah you're right, that's weak:-)

achoiceofweapons said...

Nice Post! Thanks for commenting and stopping by. I look forward to seeing you often.
Jaycee