Friday, September 29, 2017

Normans?

I'm no Francophile but in this part of the country there are many who can trace their familial roots back to France in the 1700's.

As most people know, East Texas has suffered through a major hurricane.
Recovery is going slowly and it will take decades before some areas reach their pre-storm state.

The all-stars of this recovery are the churches - both local and from across the nation.

I was volunteering in the hood today and heard many stories about hoards of 'Normans' descending across the countryside spreading hope and help.

I heard how nice, polite and respectful these hoards were.
'The even mowed my lawn when they finished helping out.', one woman told me.

I guess being overrun by 'Normans' is a good thing.

1 comment:

brohammas said...

Those Normans are known to invade things, like Hastings.

To play off that one, as a young one, my wife thought that of course there were such things as black Mormons, like Morgan Freeman in Robin Hood.