Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I Miss..

The days when one could expect a ribbon, medal or trophy only after winning. What sissy began the ideology that we should be more concerned with ones self-esteem and not place any value on ones character? (And then taught other scrubs that 'we are all winners, kings, queens, divas, ... or whatever.)
I miss; movie stars, hard-hitting football players, punishment (or mercy) for misbehavior, physically fit celebrities, and/or any type of discrimination based on performance and or knowledge.
I miss people who were able to be thought of as being better than those around them.
I despise; Honey Boo-Boo, any of the Real Housewives, fouls called and flags thrown for incidental contact, excuses for being uncivilized, and the belief that we are or should be equal.

Honestly. I still tutor under performing children in many of the worst imaginable neighborhoods in this area. To a person, each believes that he is going to be the next talentless star on one reality show or another. Each values You-Tube fame as much as we used to value earned fame.
To tell the truth. I'm tired.
Sure, I get cool points for owning a nightclub - only because, to them, that makes me popular and locally famous.
I'm sick of these sorry-assed mothers who aspire to be the next Baketball Baby Momma.
I'm sick of grown-assed fathers thinking that they are a pimp, baller, or gangsta'.
I'm sick of our local Black politicians who blame every shortcoming of our culture on 'Institutional Racism'.
Sure, some may say that am turning my back on 'my people' - but maybe it's just time for me to shake the dust from my feet and move on to people who are at least willing to try to help themselves.
Maybe I should just make money off of those too dumb to become members of the creative class and who are satisfied with being the top-dog of their local consumer class.
I'm just tired...

3 comments:

Val said...

Seems like you need to take a break from the people you are around, UBJ.

Miles said...

I get why you feel the way you do, and to a certain extent (especially with the pseudo-pimp and bball wives) I agree with you. IMO the real reason why 'everyone's a winner' is to keep those who want to win at life and can't from seeking a trophy in the 'run-up-in-your-spot-with-a-robbery-weapon' category. When everyone's fed, no one's hungry. When no one's hungry, no one will question or coup your position.

Blogger said...

Get daily ideas and guides for generating THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS per day ONLINE for FREE.
GET FREE ACCESS TODAY