Monday, July 25, 2011

Making The Band?

 Of course I don't think P-Diddy is the smartest man in the world.
I was using him as an example to refute the argument that derivative products/ideas are a bigger advancement than those which are seminal.
 Some argue that the people who 'invented' sailing ships were smarter than those who first created simple carved water craft.
And that those who created vessels which could end the societies which they were created to protect are the smartest of them all.

P-Diddy an' dem are using the same model as much of Western culture - they appropriate and revise and then sell it as their own original thought.
But these rappers have taken it to another level - they sell people things (music) which can be had for free.

5 comments:

Brohammas said...

good point

Citizen Ojo said...

Interesting...

Anonymous said...

I don't see how they can be selling music that can be had for free? Unless you mean downloading it from the internet? and if they don't make it, what's to download?

uglyblackjohn said...

@ desertflower - The radio is free.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Oh man! LOL! That goes to show you how much I listen to the radio!!!
Thanks for giving me the only laugh I have had all day, and I badly needed! Love ya!